Mother and daughter spa days offer you and your Mum the perfect chance to reconnect, relax and spend some great quality time together. Not everyone always thinks of the spa as a social venue but they are ideal for a mother-daughter day.
If you’re thinking of treating you Mum this Mother’s day, here are some of our favourite types of mother and daughter spa days.
Many spas will have a number of more sociable areas where you are free to relax and chat to your heart’s content (although do remember to use your ‘spa voice’ and be considerate of other guests). Some of the social areas that you might find in your local spa are:
- Swimming pools
- Thermal rooms, such as saunas and steam rooms where you can sit back and relax (you are welcome to talk in the thermal room, however keep in mind that there will likely be other guests in this area while you’re there)
- ‘Chill out’ areas where you can chat in between treatments (not to be confused with dedicated relaxation rooms that are reserved for peace and quiet!)
- Cafes or restaurants where you can get a drink and a light lunch together (some hotel spas may even have somewhere you can enjoy a cocktail or two in the evening)
Many spas will also offer treatments such as manicures, pedicures and foot baths where you and your mum can sit across from each other and catch up while you’re being pampered.
Mother & daughter spa packages
Alternatively, if you really want to treat your mum to the perfect girls’ day, you might want to check if your local spa offers a specific mother-daughter package.
Booking a spa day package like this is great if you’re going with someone else as the itinerary and treatments will be designed with two people in mind, meaning that if you’d like to, you can have your treatments together, and there will be plenty of social time built in to allow you to catch up and enjoy each other’s company.
Although the specific package will vary depending on the spa you choose, many mother and daughter spa days include:
- A relaxing massage (typically a Swedish massage, although this may differ depending on the spa and the specific package)
- Manicures and pedicures
- Full use of the spa facilities such as the pool, gym and thermal rooms
- Lunch and refreshments
Are you looking forward to a day pampering?
A relaxing spa day can be the perfect way to unwind and spend some quality time with your mum. If you’ve already booked your spa day, then we really hope you both enjoy it. And if you haven’t booked yet, why not see if there’s a mother & daughter package available through My Spa Pass? We’ve teamed up with spas across the country to provide access to discounts on treatments, days and breaks 365 days per year.